Oh man. I’ve seriously been horrible. I’m running low on time but since I’m heading out on a week long vacation I wanted to keep ya’ll in the loop—bullet style of course.
- My hip flexor (I think it was my hip flexor anyhow) was seriously acting up. I was registered for two 10ks in December. The first one I had to not do because my hip was sooo bad I couldn’t even walk. The other one is on 12/31 but I will not be here… more on that soon 🙂 On our first snow this winter I had to lace up and head out for a short run though!
- The hip is finally improving: with lots of TLC and ice/foam roller sessions. At least it doesn’t feel like my hip is being wrung like a towel at all hours of the day!
- Once I finally finished up with finals I got to come home for Christmas. It’s so nice to come home to everything all decorated but I still had a hard time finding my Christmas mojo this year. I attribute it to the fact that this was the first not white Christmas in years in WI. It was green and barren looking. But inside our house looked cozy and beautiful.
- My parents…err I mean Santa, were way too good to me this year. I was very blessed with wonderful gifts this year. I got my Saucony Etheral jacket and some running goodies, a Badger themed box, and MY HUSBAND’S JERSEY & a Braun jersey. Incase you forgot who my husband is.. let me remind you:
Last but not least.. when I opened this box I literally screamed. And good thing the Packers played Christmas Day so I could wear this all night long. But let’s be real… I would have anyways.
So that was Christmas! I also made some delicious food but didn’t take any pictures.
- Marathon training officially and finally started Christmas Day. I have gotten in a few good runs. This morning I hit up a trail for an out and back and did 8 miles. One ‘long’ run in the bag! Luckily my hip is feeling pretty good and is ready to tackle the training with me. These next 17.5 weeks are going to go super fast. Thanks to Janae I refueled with a big glass of chocolate milk. Yumm!
- But the biggest announcement here is that tomorrow morning I’m heading out to PASADENA, CALIFORNIA! The Badgers are returning to the Rose Bowl, for my senior year (how perfect!) so I could not pass up the opportunity to go. We will be road tripping again… about 34 hours of driving … each way. But I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED!
When I return I will have a plethora of Rose Bowl pictures to share as well as my 2012 goals. Have a great, fun, and SAFE New Years Eve!
What was your best Christmas gift? Well being that I had a heart attack upon seeing a REAL Rodgers jersey, I think it’s safe to say that wins.
Training for any races in 2012? I have quite the racing schedule: Nashville RnR marathon, Ragnar Madison to Chicago Relay, Tough Mudder, and possibly the Lakefront Marathon. Yikes!
Wisconsin Badgers or Oregon Ducks? Ya’ll better be rooting for Bucky!!