Today has been an amazing day! Despite being a super rainy day and getting a less than stellar run in this morning, I am that super smiley girl walking on the sidewalk that is smiling so big it’s rather annoying. Yup, that’s me! 😀
So in the ever-so-famous list form (what can I say, I’m a nerd and love lists) here’s why today has been outstanding.
- I skipped my first class to make important phone calls and give my body a little rest…
- One of those important calls was to Best Western in Nashville… I booked my hotel for the marathon! Even though I haven’t started training it’s all getting so real that in 6 months time I’ll be a marathoner!
- As I mentioned today is a super rainy day, Check it out!
4. Some people hate rainy days. I happen to LOVE them. Yes, I’d rather be curled up on the couch watching great movies instead of walking to class. But that’s where I whip out two of my favorite rainy day essentials.
I don’t know if you see them poking out but today absolutely called for leg warmers. They are so fun!
Along with the rainboots I had to pull out my amazing clear dome umbrella. Love this because it keeps my MacBook nice and dry in my backpack 🙂
5. I got my fixing of the Starbucks holiday drinks. The Starbucks was so packed I had to wait about 10 minutes–worth every second.
Skinny Peppermint Mocha, you are the love of my life. So is the rain in the background.
6. I had some outstanding eats today.
That pumpkin smoothie, courtesy of Women’s Health Magazine was soo good, so easy and can be found here!
7. I have already completed half of one of my November goals by signing up for the Race Into the New Year 10k on New Years Eve. I wouldn’t want to spend the last day of 2011 any other way!
8. Call me crazy but I am listening to Christmas music on Pandora. Something about it makes me super motivated during exam time and the looming finals mid-December. Maybe it motivates me to study hard and get home for the holidays.
9. Last but not least. My Legal Studies advisor sent me an e-mail that was like the Heavens were answering my prayers. I have been stressing about finding a job after graduation. This e-mail was a part-time position effective immediately as an office assistant at a law firm in Madison. It could turn into full-time in the summer! After doing some research I found they also have an office in Milwaukee which would be ideal to transfer to when I move back home in August. I sent in my resume and cover letter, so cross your fingies 🙂 I’ll keep ya’ll posted.
On that note it’s time to pack dinner & some homework for work and head out into the rain!
Doesn’t this look inviting? 😉
Tell Me: What were some highlights of your day?