I think it’s safe to say that this semester I bit off more than I can chew. So what have I been doing?
*16 credits (for a political science major they all entail buttloads of reading)
*internship at the Capitol working for a senator
*lifeguarding at the school pool
… when I’m not doing one of the above you can find me sleeping.
I have been such a failure in terms of weight loss and school. I say this often but this time I mean it. With the start of another new month (holy moley it’s OCTOBER!) I have lots of plans in action.
- *stick with the Tone It Up plan. Starting with the 7 day slimdown tomorrow. I know the first time around I had tremendous results in just a week so imagine what would happen if I stuck with it!
- *Start training for a “half marathon”. Although I won’t actually do a race I figure training for an imaginary half marathon will get me into shape for when my FULL MARATHON training starts in January.
- *No Facebook for the rest of October…or longer. I deactivated my account last week. I got sick of using it to procrastinate–I need no help in that department!
- *Strength Training. Start the NROL4W plan. 3x per week.
- *Cross Training: Swim, bike, elliptical, etc on days off running. Gotta shed those pounds!
- *Learn to say no. I burn the midnight oil. No more going out during the week, no more weekend late night extravaganzas.
- *Devotionals. The Army consumes many of my weekends so getting to church has been tough lately. I want to rekindle my relationship with the Lord–every night before bed I will devote time to read my devotional, reflect, and communicate with the Lord.
- and last but not least… budget my money much better.
I need to budget my money better because ….
I’M BUYING A NEW CAR! …new to me anyways. It’s an ’07 Honda CRV. I always dreamed of getting a Jeep Liberty but Honda’s are so reliable and I found a really good deal. Next week I will be a proud new owner to this beauty:
Off to hit the books. My roommate and I have to do some errands later and buy a pet fish 🙂
Tell me: How do you get back onto track? Any good time management skills?